PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clark Institute of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2011, 07:56
fernandeztv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy New Year

Happy 2011 to all! a bit late i know...but i have been busy flying

I cannot reveal much but all i can say is that we MPLs at the Middle East are having a great time. Line training is tough but also very enjoyable (did i forget to mention tiring at times )

The variety in the sectors is very good for the training. One day we fly to Kenya crossing the Equator and the next day to India. Had a great beginning for 2011...flew to Almaty (Kazakhstan) for a white snowy new year's flight.

To my fellow cadets in Cebu and Zest...great to know that most of you are released... Happy flying and safe landings.

ILS button pushers?Yes and No! My first ever PF flt...i got an NDB approach at the high alt Destination at night. Yes we have to push buttons for an ILS approach...but just button pushing will not help! The other night we were held at FL310 till 45 nm from the Destination. We also had a 105 kts tail wind. Had a bunch of traffic below us getting in and out of DXB. The descent was fun...well atleast for all of us in the flight deck! A little bit of helpful wide vectoring and hand flying the aircraft all the way down with full speed brakes till flaps 2 did the trick. Bottom line is all of us are having fun flying and learning new things every day.

All of this would not have been possible if our foundation was not strong enough! For that i extend my gratitude to all my instructors back at Clark AV...and i am not forgetting my core flying days FIs as well. If not for you we would not be here on the shiny jets! If not for the school we would not have landed this gig in the middle east! So Shukran, Dhanyawad, Salamat Po, Muchos Gracias, Merci Beaucoup...THANK YOU to all involved in getting us where we are today!