PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 21 Year old Girl youngest ATR Captain
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2011, 06:20
cyrilroy21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel 21 Year old Girl youngest ATR Captain

Bavicca Bharathi, has become the youngest commander in the world at the age of 21.

The record was earlier held by captain Nivedita Bhasin of Indian Airlines who achieved it at the age of 23.

The young girl from Marol, Andheri (East) flew her first flight IT 2439/2440 with Kingfisher Airlines (KFA) on December 29.Employed with Kingfisher Airlines (KFA) since July 2007, Bavicca flew an ATR-72-500 with more than 50 passengers on Bangalore-Hyderabad-Bangalore route.

So how does this youngest commander with 2400 hours of flying feel of her achievement?

“I feel happy and proud of this achievement. I am thankful to God for giving me this opportunity. It makes me feel very responsible,” says Bavicca.“The safety of my aircraft and passengers is foremost in my mind. But I also remembered all those who helped me in making the day possible especially my parents, instructors,” she adds.

Bavicca had been making waves since May 2007 when she became the youngest commercial pilot license (CPL) holder at the age of 18 and then the youngest advanced training pilot license (ATPL) holder in 2010 whilst being employed with KFA as a co-pilot.

Being an avid planner who has charted every record she wants to break. “After this I wish to be the youngest check pilot, instructor and so on,” she speaks of her next move.

Bavicca and her Mother Judith (43) made news in 2007 when they got their CPL together.Both of them then thought of making another record by flying together some day.

“As my mother is a co-pilot in Kingfisher in the same fleet, my next aim is to fly with her. She can be the co-pilot and I, the captain,” she says.

Mind you this intelligent girl not only takes pride in flying planes but also enjoys diverse interests.

“I enjoy painting, singing carnatic and playing the piano. I recently passed Grade 5 Piano from Trinity College, London.Besides flying, I am doing my Masters in Business Administration from a very reputed university in USA,” she says.

21-year-old Marol girl youngest commander in the world - Mumbai - DNA

Last edited by cyrilroy21; 6th Jan 2011 at 06:31.