PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Slow death of airmanship.
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2011, 05:54
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Big words from someone not even in the job.

For example, "I have seen Professional Pilots unable to interpret a flight manual and a minimum equipment list. Leading to phone calls to the flight standards department whilst operationally deployed."
More details please, do you really know what was said to the department or just interpreted things wrongly? Weren't they just calling up to inform someone of the problem? Why is there something wrong with calling someone to clear things up or for further advice?

Also, "I consistently see pilots skip a pre- flight check of the aircraft" could simply mean that he doesn't actually see these people do a pre-flight, not that they haven't done one! Is he on the shoulder of these pilots, following their every move and action?

"For my entire career I have found myself surrounded by professional helicopter pilots"
I suspect unlikevice is the sort of person that has been doing their job too long and has the opinion he knows someone elses job job better than they do. In his view, S.O.P. stands for 'Statement of the Oldest Person'!