PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American Airlines jet goes off runway in Jackson Hole, Wyoming
Old 6th Jan 2011, 03:57
411A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tell us that is not the case.
You are correct, never interested in AA, never applied.

I should think AA would pay you vast sums for your expertise. Probably take you on as a walk on for VP Flight or Director, Flight Ops.

I expect the AA management wouldn't like my thoughts....IE: AA is right and truly stuck in their misinformed ways.
Their so-called 'aircraft advanced maneuvering' training program was poorly thought out, and would never have passed muster with the older guys that were in AA training positions, long ago...especially the aggressive use of the rudder at higher speeds.
AA found out about this the hard way, with an A300-600.
Regarding their past overruns, Jamaica was a classic...landing long, with a slight tailwind, tankering fuel...AA was very lucky, there.
AA was not so lucky with Little Rock, and that was a classic as well...landing during a thunderstorm, with a management pilot, no less, at the helm.
Very basic mistakes that an airline the size of AA, with very many varied destinations, should not make.
JAC?
We shall have to wait and see what the investigation shows, however...AA running off with the DFDR is hardly something that a reasonable airline would do...unless they had something to hide.

I don't think there were many transport jet pilots around prior to 2002 who gave much thought to how easy it would be to take a rudder, no make that the ENTIRE FIN off a modern jet,
Certainly not many in AA, that's for sure.
It was well known with more experienced guys, especially from the 707 days.
Retaining adequate knowledge is certainly not AA's strong suit.