PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is going on with Olympic Air ????
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2011, 01:07
Iakovos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kali Xronia - Happy New Year

Wow, I have just spent the last hour reading through all of this stuff.

OK, so we all know about the history with the Old Olympic, and the down-hill struggle the new OA seems to be taking. But let's get back to the main topic shall we? Yes, lets.

To answer someone's earlier question. Several Flybe FO's are being posted out to ATH for 3 month contracts starting now-ish. There are rumours that OA may want to borrow a couple of Flybe's Q400's Summer 2011.

It seems crazy to us Brit guys that an airline can sack/make redundant permanent contract guys whilst hiring contract pilots from Parc/Flybe at the same time. But this is how Greece works as some of you have so beautifully expressed it.

I feel for the OA cabin crew who worked with Flybe for 16 months. All the Seniors were demoted back to Juniors and a lot sacked from October onwards. Maybe a thank you from Miss M for all their hard work with Flybe. (They worked under very stressful conditions, Ie. rosters suffering more disruption than any of us would ever believe and 400Euro less a month because of low flying hours (Q400) but long duty hours (lots of ground time AS etc).

The one man who we need to hear from is Venopolous (the guy who owns Marfin/Goodys etc). I'm sure he knows where he's taking the company.

I would love to return to Greece and fly the Q400. But with all that's going on in Ellada right now, its gonna be years untill there is an stability over there.

I would love to hear from any non-contract pilots working for OA at the moment. What's your opinions on the future of OA?