PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To foreign registered Jet operators (UK)
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2011, 21:24
Davjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
733driver,
I know you meant well with your views and I hope what I posted hasn't upset anyone with similar views to you. I just want to get hired. I too put myself through flight school and the A320 rating, and it cost me an arm and a leg. So tell me what am I supposed to do if these are the conditions offered by some operators. I can't get a JAR licence due to medical restrictions set by the CAA's strict and unrealistic rules, which therefore only allows me to use my FAA ticket on foreign registered aircraft in the UK. I know there are quite a few Manx, US, Bermuda and Cayman registered aircraft based in the UK and parts of Europe who must surely need a Pilot. So far I have waited and tried for almost 10 years to get hired, and it was only in the last year that I did the rating in the hope of securing a position. The reason I did the rating was only because I was provisionally offered a position with a foreign based Airline, but shortly after I finished the rating the airline folded. Yes it was costly, but I was prepared to take the risk in order to finally land a job flying. I don't regret it either as I believe in life there are times when you just have to take pot luck. As I think I mentioned in my earlier post; everyone's circumstances to the way they got their first job varies. I am happy that you got rated on 6 different aircraft without having to fork out a penny - I guess you're luckier than most. All the best to you.

Davjet