PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Transient Global Amnesia
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2011, 19:41
vfrrider481

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LR,

Thank you for the advice and more importantly the support.

In answer to your question, no I can't promote flashing through rigorous eye movement at any time, darkened room or otherwise.

You are of course right that the air is no place for undiagnosed illness reflected in a suspension of medical. In many respects the internet is an awful creation for the inquisitive, however with the right research there are many snippets of useful information hidden away.

I suppose the worst thing is confirmation bias in that finding some symptoms similar to one's own you could easily fill in some blanks to convince yourself you have that ailment.

The key to this process seems to be simply a professional diagnosis through an appropriate scan or assessment (MRIs in my case).

This is the third suspension of my class 1 in 5 years and each one seems more serious than the last (none have been for anything as simple as bronchitis etc.). I have been down this route before, but none the less it is still human nature to be concerned. There are numerous possibilities that I can't know what the heck is going on, but suffice to say I have availed myself of as much knowledge as I can find from CAA sources to be able to assess where each course or diagnosis is potentially going to lead.

One does wonder why the route to a pilot's job is so difficult, as if finance, training and exams weren't enough the medical issues can be far more difficult to cope with,

Many thanks,
VFR