PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 5th Jan 2011, 18:49
frames

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)

Hey everyone

I am currently flying a CRJ in Canada for Jazz. I have an Emitates interview coming up and had a few questions about the job.

I currently work 16-18 days a month doing on average 10-13 hour duty days with up to 5-6 sectors a day.

I was wondering

1. Is it all going to be airbus 330?

2. If you want to do single day flying to be home at some point during the day is that a difficult prospect.

3. How many sectors a day can one plan on doing.

4. How long is the longest pairing on the 330 and the 777

5. During the road show they said there are other positions like sim, pilot recruitment and CRM. How long does it take for something like that?

6. I am new to the long haul world but how many flight deck crew are on board and at what trip time do they add the extra pilot?

7. As an FO do you do operatation and augmentation sectors?

8. If you do a short sector like a Doha turn will the then add another turn?

9. If you do a seven years EK tour and live a modest life style how much could one save?

10. How often can one make it to there home can you ask to have days off in big groups an travel home every three to four months?

Pardon my troubles. I am currently 8-10 years away from a CRJ or Dash 8 command. We do have pretty easy flying like not to many starts before 4 am and not much night flying but 8 more years to a command is taxing when it's for a dash 8

Thanks