PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS A380 Uncontained failure.
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2011, 15:50
Annex14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbine D firstfloor

Reading that second last entry I stumbled across the quoted report from FlightGlobal/Insight and especially this sentence:
Quote:
Powerplants with the 'C' modification status are not affected, because they do not have the same oil feed stub pipe installation, which is considered central to the engine failure chain.

At once I rembered to have read also somewhere - unfortunately I canīt find it where it was, therefore I ommitted to refer to it - that this special wording "oil feed stub pipe installation" was used. To be correct it was in German language and therefore I thought that this phrasing was just a thought or bad translation that came off some reporters brain, but as it looks it is not. In that information I read it was said that the different trials to correct / change the mounting/ installation of the feed stub pipe was undertaken to overcome constant oil leak problems. The hack with it, that I cannot find it back !!

If they really talk about a change in stub pipe installation - and they do - that means change of one or more parts in the oil feeding system, correct ?? Still the question remains where is the location of that changed installation / bearing chamber ??