PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To foreign registered Jet operators (UK)
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2011, 15:45
Davjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks 733driver, yes I do hope I get hired soon, and sorry for not having a backbone as you eloquently put it in terms of "flexible on pay", and willing to self type rate. The fact of the matter is a lot of private operators will not fork out for a type rating, like everyone I would like it paid for by whoever hires me, but this is very rare. I avoided it for years from the time I qualified a few years ago, but those who did are now flying and I'm not.

Re: flexible with pay. I'm by no means independently wealthy and I would certainly appreciate a high salary like everyone else. I love flying and it's my passion. If I was offered peanuts to fly a shinny new Gulfstream right now, I would do it. I don't know your circumstances but I'm sure if there was a time you badly wanted to fly and were offered the opportunity on the basis you paid for a rating, I'm sure you'd probably do the same. I'm in my mid thirties and been in another sector besides aviation for sometime, I know time is not on my side so I've got to make it in the next few years or I'm stuffed.

Re: I get on with anyone and everyone. Well throughout my career I have managed to get along with nearly everyone I've worked with. Obviously some people rub you up the wrong way, but if you're in a team scenario you've got to find a way otherwise things either don't get done or to their full potential.

Thanks