PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trips abroad!
Thread: Trips abroad!
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2011, 15:27
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HPSC

Being between things at the moment here are a few of my all time favourites to wet your appetite of must visit places.

1. L2K - everyone goes I know, but there is a reason and I just keep on going back. Brilliant to hire bikes at the airport. Many good resteraunts. A great beach, OK shops and pretty scenery. There are even two pretty good 18 hole courses within a few minutes of the airport,

2. Alderney - beautiful scenery, always an interesting trip, great hotel and excellent food. Well worth it. Jersey and Guernsey are also to be equally recommended,

3. Rouen - a surprise perhaps, but still not too far. The market square in Spring, Summer and Autumn is a beautiful setting for a meal, the cathedral one of the finest in Europe and so well worth a visit,

4. Lille - a big airport with a friendly welcome. Lille is the capital of Northern France with enough of interest to justify a couple of days,

5. Dijon - the one on the hill - just perfect for some of the best vineyards and best food in France - has the main airport closed now?

6. Cant think of its name just East of Paris - perfect for a trip to the big city and or Eurodisney if you have family of an age. The best airport for Paris by far.

Just half a dozen not to far from the UK all of which I have greatly enjoyed visiting over the years and each to add to your agenda.