PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LAN Peru,Chile, Argentina
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2011, 13:42
7Q Off

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Argentina domestic fares are limited by the gob.

here is the link so you believe me.

SISTEMA TARIFARIO PARA PASAJEROS DE VUELOS REGULARES DE CABOTAJE

Subsecretaria de Transporte Aerocomercial

Only domestic fares are regulated, international fares are free.

I don't remember in Brazil but I think they have a NO-dumping policy but they don't regulate the max fares for domestic travel.

And yes I know some captains that are jobless. There are always jobless pilots, in all counties. Its is impossible to hire 100% of the pilots because there is always people not technically qualified. Some of them try to fly for LAN Argentina and they were dumped in the pyrotechnics aptitude test (psicotecnico in spanish). Some of those captains were dumped by aerolineas because they fly on a strike and basically no pilot in the company wants to fly with them so they were retired. They were scams. Some captains next to 60 are retired of aerolineas argentinas, LAPA, SW and some companies. Here after 50 years old you can retire with your pension so to be honest, most don't qualify as jobless pilots. Most of those pilots are at home enjoying their retirement. The guys from 45 to 50 are the only guys complicated.

And the pacific for LAN, yes they could fly. The only market in the pacific for Argentina is Buenos Aires-Auckland-Sydney. Auckland and Sydney is served by LAN form Santiago de Chile on a daily basis and Buenos Aires-Sydney is served by Qantas, casually a Oneworld company. Soy basically LAN group covers the Pacific market very well, very efficiently. Other destinations are already covered by Oneworld and their hubs.

Aerolineas also served the Auckland-Sydney market. 4 to 5 times a week.

I give you the right hand for South-Africa. There is a market that can be exploited by LAN Group from buenos Aires. But Again, from sao paulo can be more attractive. Right know SAA fly's to Sao Paulo and is a member of star I think. TAM is a member of Star also. Once TAM and LAN decide on which alliance they will stay things can change on that route.

I know the argentina market because I live and fly here.

Last edited by 7Q Off; 5th Jan 2011 at 16:17.