PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing in 'safety cover-up' - Documentary on Al Jazeera
Old 5th Jan 2011, 11:46
rubik101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Derg states: Yes you said it they are experienced "engineers". Well I guess where they come from, they get the license to ptactice from a different engineering body than we do here in the UK.

We, UK chartered engineers, swear an oath never to endanger life. Basically this means that you WALK AWAY from an enterprise that is taking serious with the safety of the public. Please note THE PUBLIC.

Calculated risks for enterprises such as the military has another set of rules. Nuclear installations are another example.

It is very clear to me that Boeing employs cheap people. To those who post on this site who have no understanding of what they opine on..HIYA..so glad you are nowhere near me or anything that I use day to day. May you burn in hell.

It is my considered opinion that this is not written by anyone with a UK Chartered Engineers Degree, for what he states is simply utter hogwash, drivel and a misrepresentation of the truth. The only oaths uttered at Imperial College during my brief visit there were from the cleaning lady.

Denti states in the following post: Engineers in the rest of the world outside the uk are usually persons who have a masters degree in engineering. In the UK most "engineers" are what would be called a mechanic or maintenance personnel in the rest of the world.

Simply two different things, don't confuse them please. Both lompasos and mad (flt) scientist (who has his background in the nick) posts speak for themselves, not only on this topic but all over this site.

By the way, not only boeing employs cheap people, so does airbus. It is what every business does if it can get away with it, mainly it is about saving every penny possible.

This poster is probably more at fault than his predecessor; not only has he made assumptions about something he cannot justify (cheap people) if there is such a breed but he has also manged to insult what is considered to be one of the finest Engineering Degrees in the world. He might be forgiven if he is confusing those with a degree with the the excellent training given at the Aircraft Apprentice Schools which produce such sought after 'engineers' all around the world.

Mechanincs work in garages mate. Which website did you get your 'degree' from I wonder?