PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How is it on BA Mixed Fleet, are you enjoying it?
Old 5th Jan 2011, 10:45
Matt101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PC767,

I don't mean this to sound scathing towards Cabin Crew but what use would they be in terminals outside of times of disruption? There's little they could do without the correct training...

At LGW when we nearly all maxed out hours after 10/11 months we were assigned days of 900 hrs GWK (Ground work). Nobody actually did any ground work despite my contract alluding to the fact that BA could require me to should they so wish, this I believe is because I wouldn't have had the first clue what to do other than pointing people in the right direction (and even then I think in 3 years I spent about 10 mins in the North Terminal departures hall).

I don't mean to sound argumentative but I think in the long term BA will see it more in their interest to provide sustainable rosters to MF, but initially Man Power planning (always BA's weakest point) and scheduling are testing new ground - even SFG's MOA has more restrictions than the new MF. The same thing happened at LGW; year 1 was a bit of a disaster (even the then head of IFS admitted so) but they learned from it and maxing out hours is a rare occurrence now I believe.