PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forget the traditional route
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2011, 08:01
captainsuperstorm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just get the impression that it can actually be a disadvantage to have a whole bunch of hours on SEP/MEP/TP and be 30-35, compared to being a 200 hour 20 year old, when surely at the very worst it's a level playing field once you both pay for type rating/line training (which you could do with a career of saving).
yes, nobody care anymore as long you have the 50000$ to buy 500hours, then get out. move one for the next guy!!! thats the reality .

in fact, the guys with 3000h on light twin can find jobs due to their 3000h flying skills, while the guys of 25 years, with 500h, will be stuck with his FMGC skill.

really, who care of a 500h A320 pilot who can not even land a plane in a X wind or calculate a descent rate without his FCU.

if i was hiring a pilot on my personal Pc12 or king air 200? do you think I will hire a 320 pilot with 500hours of Autoflight?? noway!!.

get real, planes asked for real pilots with real flying skill who know how to fly a real plane, not a bunch of monkeys with momy and daddy money playing the 320 copilot.

for me, a 320 pilot is not a pilot.we are just a bunch of operators with some MCC skill developed by Airbus technocrats . Our license should be "320 commercial operator", not commercial or airline pilot license.

of course the teenagers who pay the 500h on efis plane , don't agree with me, they think they are God!!!.