PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS A380 Uncontained failure.
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2011, 01:08
bearfoil

Turbine D

Lufty has been quiet since the outset, and I hadn't seen Herr Joerg's comment. LuftTek has the marbles, the action they have taken/acceded to will speak volumes when they speak, I'd say. Qantas by now has a thick jacket on the 9 and RR's "unusual" timetable. A shiny newbie gets re-engined prior to one that takes off and dodges a bullet?? I'm watching for action around the AD's. Something is amiss when a flying operator is passed over when the AD's call for such draconian levels of inspections, and repair, rebuild, re-new. Is there anything in the "C" model that stretches the Certificate to fit it?? What can be so attractive about a rebuild when it doesn't satisfy its own Certificate and retains so many limitations?? The DEP/EEC has new programming, and what good is the extra 2000 pounds when all it gets one is trouble and sanctions?? Speaks volumes about what might be wrong with the 900 as well. It isn't the Oil, and it isn't the DEP, Coupled shafts have issues, can RR design/build a new engine to wear the 900 livery, spec sheet and maintain the certificate?? EASA and ROLLS are in a corner. Qantas has some challenges as the result of the Burst, but just because the situation paints them the victim, money is way off, and how to recoup their position?? Haven't heard from Mr. Joyce recently.

Time to break the huddle and line-up??