PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS A380 Uncontained failure.
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2011, 22:45
Turbine D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lomapaseo
I suspect a lot of "I told you so" just like the ones that we are still waiting for predicting that all kinds of aircraft would eventually fall out of the sky from eating the icelandic dust of a year ago.
Here is another "told you so" to think about....

Joerg Handwerg, a spokesman for the pilots’ union for Lufthansa said that minor problems are routine for any jet engine, but it is possible that the issues were an indication that regulators did not adequately check the engine before approving it for commercial use.

“When you see we have a problem with not just one of these engines but several then it points towards that we have a problem in the certification process,” Handwerg said.
Why Lufthansa is check-fly, check-fly, etc.?

So, the Trent 900 engine was certified as being airworthy and then the certification of the Airbus A380 began with the Trent engines. So in this aircraft certification process, how many engines do you think would be acceptable to come of wing due to "technical problems"? 5, 10, 20, 25, 30? I am not referring to planned removals. I think the true number would surprise you. Maybe this is where Airbus Chief Operating Officer, John Leahy had information the general public didn't.

Technical problems with the engines, lets fix them, starting with the ones sitting at Airbus?? What about the ones flying? Humm.

Now the RR lawyers are in charge of the business, settle with Qantas and Airbus as to damages while not admitting to or denying anything was the fault of RR. Isn't that the way business is done these days?? Sure is! Too Bad!!!