PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DERRY/LONDONDERRY
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2011, 22:37
Amelia Earhart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quite. U-turn is exactly the phrase I'd use as I can see no other explanation for it. Having deleted the route from the route map and not having loaded flights when all other routes were loaded gives the distinct impression that Ryanair was minded to end the service. I would presume that the change of heart is motivated by the availability of an aircraft given all the chopping and changing of routes at German airports, etc, rather than any faith in the LDY-ALC route itself.

I just hope that the latest statement isn't a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. The statement did say that the summer routes had not yet been finalised, so maybe.

A real optimist would speculate that the route wasn't loaded because LDY is to get its own aircraft instead of an ALC one with maybe a few other routes but with the deletion off the route map I just can't buy that.

I wonder if the service is resurrected what months it will run, ie: 7 like 2010 or 5 like 2009. My money is on the latter. And will it still be twice weekly? (I think we can rule out increased frequency).

Oh and MOL if you're still thinking about the summer schedule what about Malaga - oh no what am I saying, do nothing that will damage the chances of Alicante in 2012!

Paris would be alright though