PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Possible terrorist attempt Stockholm
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2002, 07:55
Shuttleworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Again - well done - Swedish police.
I wonder how many other authorities would have been capable of making the discovery and handling the situation so well.

It raises the point - that we are still very much at risk from these moslems.

I recently attended my annual security session at Cranebank. The "security" lecturer started the session, by asking the audience a question; "How do you think passengers would react (post911) if there was a hijack on board?"

He claimed that the hijacker would be instantaneously overrun by law abiding passengers - and therefore there was no longer any risk.
This astonishing claim was accepted by the class and we went on to talk about other kinds of security threat.

Now; this is from a senior person with full DOT backing. What the heck are they thinking? Here is a flight with 20 moslems attending a meeting in Birmingham and one tries to get a gun aboard.

If this Ryanair aircraft and all lives aboard had been lost - then apart from the human tragedy - 30% of pilots reading this forum would lose their livlihoods as airlines suffer further commercial collapse.
I personally think we deserve a better approach to the problem from our governments. I believe they have implemented no real change and have put their heads in the sand hoping it wont happen again.

Last edited by Shuttleworth; 30th Aug 2002 at 07:58.