PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Intercept Loc Outbound
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2011, 19:07
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm! SN3 - I think you may well have blown poor Hiren's brains there! Not the ideal chart to try to 'help with'?

1) There is no 'back course ILS that I can see - in my book the labelling of the outbound loc is mis-named.
2) I assume the localiser on the I-PKN has reversed lobes?
3) If it was a 'back-course' localiser, there has to be a 300 inbound course localiser - there is not.

This is simply a 'fudged' localiser for tracking purposes, not a 'back course'.

Hiren - I think you have got yourself more than a little confused here. Looking at your post to d105:
"@ d105 - you got my question bit - after tracking outbound VOR radial we swich to ILS freq after that the question is - We go for Back course or arm Nav mode to intercept Loc outbound for this chart ? "

1) Whyare you trying to "intercept Loc outbound" when you have turned inbound?
2) Which chart are you talking about?

Let's just stick to your original question. Why not look at the chart for LFLB (Chambery) in the French Alps? Take Jeppesen plate 10-3 and you will see that you need to fly the ILS R18 northwards on departure. To do this you select the EHSI to 180 inbound localiser course. The EHSI then shows your position in relation to the localiser correctly. On the 737 standby horizon (which has localiser left/right only) you also need to select 'Back Course' to see the correct display.

Please note I have no idea what 'NAV' does in the ATR EHSI.!

I suggest you ignore the charts for Aspen!

Edited to add (after a glass of Shiraz) that if SN3 can produce a 300 inbound localiser procedure chart on the I-PKN I will accept is as a back-course....

Last edited by BOAC; 4th Jan 2011 at 20:08.