PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Transient Global Amnesia
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2011, 16:43
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
In the above post I meant at any time, not just during an episode.

It must truly be a dreadful time for you. The phase of life you're in is difficult enough for average young parents, add to this, the costs of flight training, the training itself, and now the malaise, clearly, you are going to have to call on every ounce of self control and strength you can muster.

I didn't have anything like the responsibility you have and I felt absolutely wrecked after the CPL exams and IR. So, what this is saying is there's a very good chance you'll be as right as rain in the not too distant future. But...

Damage has been done in terms of your medical records, and now you can only follow a set procedure of investigation. After all, the most important thing is your long term health - I'm not forgetting your family, but focusing on you for the moment - but I would have thought the sheer workload and very real stress leading up to what you've achieved could well lead to some very unpleasant symptoms in a quite typical young person.

I have taken some advise on this, but it was thought there are too many variables to make even an educated guess at what was going on, and in any case, you're going down the right path with the investigations.

In this modern world it is all too easy to read up on a set of symptoms that fit exactly, and come to exactly the wrong conclusion, so make no assumptions at this time.

To sum up: There is a good chance there's nothing seriously wrong, and a structured argument put forward to the medical bods, that this phase of your life could well have produced these symptoms in a perfectly normal person seems to be a possible way forward.

First things first. Keep pushing for senior professional advice - the importance being based on your intended profession.

Good luck, and keep us informed.