PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Payday at Arik Air
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2011, 16:04
BLUEJuice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my take

Let us be clear where I stand, you are better off being unemployed or leaving aviation than working for Arik. Even if I did not like you I wouldn't help you get into Arik as every pilot who goes there means that the airline trades a few days more.
I must say I have to disagree...working for Arik definitely beats unemployment/furlough/layoffs etc. As much as it might pain some to hear that, the actual flying part and pay parts are still there. Granted things are a bit sloppy and definitely frustrating, however having a "flying" JOB and a paycheck does help.

If you're looking at this airline and saying wow i can make a lot more money than I can at a regional/crap airline. Well yes and well you'll hopefully get a lot more time off however... Please Please Please (and i reiterate) do not discount all those euro/american companies currently hiring that offer you more than just pay and days off. Working at arik creates stress that is realistically unnecessary, however it is stress that will be completely out of your control. The only control you can have is by having a plan "B"

best of luck to those who care,
juice