PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sari Ils Dme Rw31
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2011, 15:13
Mohit_C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sari Ils Dme Rw31

Hello everyone!

I have been practicing the following plate in the sim and have a few questions, if someone can please explain them.

1. On the briefing strip point number 2 mentions “Attention: MSA values include the Cataratas CTR”. Now I understand that the MSA provides a 1000 feet vertical obstacle clearance within a 25NM radius from the VOR but mentioning that it includes the Cataratas CTR…wouldn’t it always include the CTR of an aerodrome given that the CTR has only got to cover from the centre of the airfield 5NM in the directions of approach and departure?
2. In the vertical cross-section of the procedure it mentions that the glide slope needs to be checked at LMM (310 kHz) at 1170 feet, which corresponds to D0.9 IG/D2.2 IGU. Checking at the bottom of the plate it mentions that the minimums are at 1116 feet. Is it me or do you guys think it is pointless in checking the glide slope a mere 54 feet above minimums?
3. In the table of rates of descent it mentions “FAF to MAP”. Looking once again at the vertical cross-section of the procedure am I correct in saying that it would be from D4.0 IG/D5.4 IGU? If so, when I apply rough calculations they don’t seem to match with the distance to the runway:
120 knots = 2’ 48” = 2.8’ = (2.8 minutes x 2 NM/minute) = 5.6 NM
D4.0 IG/D5.4 IGU to THR = 3.1 + 0.6 = 3.7NM
I think I’m also correct in saying that it can’t be from D6.5 IG/D7.9 IGU because that is the FAP.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Mohit_C; 4th Jan 2011 at 15:31.