PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2011, 13:32
Random Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is going to be an interesting battle then. For example, Jet 2 are quoting fares to Alicante next April for as low as £9.99, including a 22kg baggage allowance & pre-allocated seat. I wonder how Ryanair are going to match that ?
These £9.99 flights are non-existent. I tried to book a flight that was indeed shown as £9.99, unavoidable extras took the return fare to £120.

Flying Weegies to the Costas is hardly a Battle Royale
Probably true - the battles begin later in the clubs, depending on which football club tops the neds are holidaying in!
Comments like that belong back in the 1970s. Glasgow is a world-class city and to have two of the worlds biggest football clubs based in the city is a major asset. Not a hindrance. As for the ned/chav comment. I've been in plenty of cities around the world and indeed the UK which have a far greater ned/chav population. Like I said, this stereotype belongs in the 1970s. Its 2011 now.

There may be room but why didn't Ryanair react to it last year. It's only because Jet2 announced there Glasgow base.
They did. Ryanair announced a number of new sunshine routes and increased flights on others when Globespan went under. These further increases in capacity is more to do with high demand than Jet2 imo.

Ryanair flights from Glasgow Prestwick are hardly the cheapest on their network. They must be raking it in on these routes from PIK.

Last edited by Random Flyer; 4th Jan 2011 at 13:47.