PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Home of Photos in Dunnunda! Mk I
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2011, 09:09
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jack Ranga

You are right...nothing in it for me and thats fine....watching the news tonight the folk at Surat now and St George and Dirranbandi are next.

It bothers me they are spening an hour or more in 15' tinnies ferrying food in raging flood waters when say, half the airstrip is available and a couple of 185/206/RV10's or better still Bongo Vans could be used to carry more quicker with far less risk.

Where is the public co-ordination????

Charter guys could be paid or us folk who don't care could do it for free.....but it does not happen.

Might phone some cutomers of mine in those parts and ask.....if anyone is watching phone your friends out their, you may not do a lot but it may just make their day!

Griffo
The FTDK is correct, the water that starts up near Killarney and through Warwick, plus all the catchment downstream of the Condamine is what goes down there.....its a truly amazing system, and when it all gets wet.....look out!

NEWS FLASH 8.30pm
Just been talking to a mate/ customer at Dirranbandi and the town is cut off already, just like Rolleston the media / guvinmint does not talk about small places like that. The floods have not hit them yet .

At least they have had the foresight to beef up the levy bank around the airstrip.

I reckon in a day or two I will get a call back...

Last edited by Jabawocky; 4th Jan 2011 at 09:32.