PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter crash off the coast of Newfoundland - 18 aboard, March 2009
Old 4th Jan 2011, 02:22
maxwelg2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question, when will someone officially reveal this wonderful phase 3 MRGB design and what it will address? Feet cracking and run-dry capability? I don't see anything on the manufacturer's website, surprise surprise...

Was phase 1 and 2 designs not only addressing the mounting feet crack issue due to the press-fit bushings and insufficient housing thickness, plus the addition of the 6-stud filter housing arrangement?

212man, correct me if I'm wrong, but was your MRGB issue not down to an incorrect dipstick and overfilled MRGB lube oil system causing input module cooking and subsequent oil loss? You quite rightly shut down and waited for the unfit machine to be towed away for repair.

The latest reported high vibe incident in the Grand Banks has been covered with a veil of secrecy, no CADORS, not even any rumours on this forum. Not the best way to instill confidence in this helo, I for one will be asking Cougar directly next time I have to fly in the S92 as will many other PAX in NL. I'm quite sure the offshore frequent flyers have more information already, but we tend to keep that in-house, mainly to prevent mis-information, an all too common issue these days.

Just when I thought we were moving forward, silence is definitely not golden. Here's hoping things will change soon for the better. Explaining all the facts, warts and all, is the only way we will progress these issues and keep everybody on the same page. The latest media update attempts by C-NLOPB is unsuccessful IMHO, must do better boys.

Safe flying

Max