PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DERRY/LONDONDERRY
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2011, 21:24
cuthere

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alpha, you're coming across as a bit of a grumpy sod there, so I thought I'd lighten the mood by telling you a strange story about my flight from LDY-BHX yesterday.

I checked in very late Saturday night, meaning I was number 183. When I got to the airport, the security staff said they were expecting a full flight. When onboard it became clear that the cabin crew weren't expecting a full flight, as they had a full row of seats at the back of the plane closed off (and may have well have closed one off at the front too). Once everyone was on board it became clear there were five people standing, leading to a u-turn and the freeing up of the row of seats in question.

Now, does anyone know why the staff on the plane wouldn't be aware of the flight being full, thus closing an entire row and extending the boarding time (something they're always banging on about)? The obviously very, very hungover group of Brummie lads who took the row, at least saw the funny side of the situation.

I also heard a whisper (only a whisper), that Flybe are seriously considering LDY for a route or three either as part of their "robust" response to Baby turning up at BHD, or perhaps just as ongoing expansion (the whisperer in question was unsure which it was).

Either way, let's hope 2011 is a good one for LDY.