PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice after finishing training - what do I do next (Merged)
Old 3rd Jan 2011, 19:31
mrharr1s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good evening everyone.

I have read alot of the posts on this forum with intrigue - it also shows a real change in mentality from the first post to the end post and you can almost taste the frustration of some of the earlier posts where the recession was really hitting home.

Me? I'm standing at the beginning of the road -
I have a certificate for the Pilot Training College upstairs inviting me onto an Integrated Airline Training Program.
I have the necessary funding to get the training costs.
I have listened to the recruiter 'spiel' from the college handouts and consultants, confirming 18500 pilots are needed annually over the next 20 years.
I have been watching the news and taken on board some reports from the BBC regarding Boeing's report on recruitment of over 1/2 million new pilots to meet demand, with passenger traffic rising 9.2% this july compared to last year - and also regarding the unfair costing for type ratings and an outcry to make things fairer for pilots before people stop seeing the pilot as a viable career path.

I have provisionally booked myself onto September this year to start my training, I would then be out at the beginning of 2013.

I am not trying to get ahead of myself, but from analysis of what I hope are facts I thought that my dream of becoming a pilot may possibly be realised.

I really want to trust an organisation with vast amounts of my money even if they do not guarantee me a job at the end of it - but I see people talking about CTC on here but not much about the Pilot Training College - has anyone experienced this college here?

I try to see past the smokescreen of optimistic facts and professional businessmen from the cadet schools but it is starting to get hard to ignore the feeling that by the time 2013 comes around, we might be (I do stress the might be) heading back to what it was like at the beginning of the 21st century.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated

Thanks