PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Restricted FI
Thread: Restricted FI
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2011, 19:09
DFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FI(R) - so why the funster haven't you addressed that before now with me?

I did - see, here are the pieces of paper from your file that you signed following my debriefs regarding your long briefings, short briefings, groundschool lectures and solo supervisions that I discussed with you.

You will note how well I have recorded your progress and how you have signed to acknowledge each record. Now let's look at how you record student progress shall we?

If you are at a school that provides no instructor career training then I can have some sympathy however, any decent school would provide the right encouragement, support, guidance and training if required.

The school that cares little about it's instructor standards cares even less about the students.

--------------

Even the current CAA Policy Dept cannot grasp that experience gained as an FI under another regime builds the same level of judgement as training for a JAA licence. They have restricted FIs with up to 2000 hours claiming they are not JAA hours,
Being able to teach how to fly an aircraft, correctly authorise and supervise solo flying is one thing.

Being able to teach the European system and not try and apple for example US system or an abridged system thereby confusing the whole issue is something totally different.

The restricting prevents these people from operating in a situation where they don't have someone experienced looking over their shoulder for some time. I don't see a problem with it and if they are as good as they claim to be then they will get a recomendation as soon as they have the local experience (hours and solo supervisions).