PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Transient Global Amnesia
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2011, 18:19
vfrrider481

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LR,

Thankyou for your reply, but no I haven't binged on chocolate recently. It was in the right eye only, and was a regular pulsating or flashing light, no zig zag effect. As regards the medical, I am not currently flying at this time.

I had the MRI scan the other day, although somewhat alarmingly I was called back the following day for a further MRI utilising dye for contrast. I understand that this may be used to improve the detail of the vascular system amongst other things.

As it stands this could be one of 3 or worse things. There seems little written about the transient global amnesia, but given the fact it rarely re-occurs I feel this may not be it.

Obviously TIA's are not good, but clearly need appropriate treatment due to the risk of full on strokes. I'm not quite sure what the impact on an existing class 1 holder would bve, but I'm not confident.

Ironically, the potential of it being migraines is really bad. As an existing class 1, my understanding is that my medical can be re-invoked for multi crew if I am symptom free for 3 to 6 months........but

I only just got my CPL, MEIR and MCC within the last 6 months, obviously don't currently have a flying job, and therefore don't fly a multipilot aircraft! I was going to do an FI rating, but clearly can't if I can't be the sole pilot on board. I might just be unemployable now

What's really really depressing is that I've just spent £35k+ to get the qualifications but with at best medical restrictions necesitating multi crew only, a series 2 IR pass and being mid 30's with circa 250 hours, I'm wondering if this is the most expensive migraine/TIA on earth.

Desperation would be an understatement!

Any help or advice gratefully received,
VFR