PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class 2 Medical problems
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2011, 18:09
fader1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Class 2 Medical problems

Hi Everybody.
Can anyone help me with a problem I can't seem to get an answer to?
I underwent my class 2 medical a few months ago and was refused solely cos I'd been on a heavy painkiller (prescribed codeine) for a neck problem. It's fine now, and I've been off the painkillers for nearly 6 months as the physiotherapy is working so well, but the CAA are asking me to undergo a Medical Flight Test (MFT) to check that I can get in and out of a cockpit unaided and that I can perform basic movements in the cockpit. This is despite the fact that I'm near the end of my training (only solo XC and Skills Test to do) and I've never actually had a problem with mobility!! Seems they can do what they want and, as an AME told me recently, it's them who make up the rules!
AS much as this seems totally unneccessary it looks like I'm going to have to do it nevertheless s I wondered if there was anybody out there who knows anything about a Medical Flight Test and what it entails? (Or indeed any advice on how I can get round this - seems like a real waste of time - and money I can't really afford!)
Thanks, and a happy new year to all.