PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas to buy into SIA!
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2002, 00:38
Al E. Vator

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts
GT.......I ran a question past you on another topic but (think it disappeared from the radar screens eventually ) didn't get a response - I know you are a busy boy.

Specifically it was related to a possible involvement by the gentleman under discussion in 'Operation Sewn-Up' formulated to terminate Compass Mk 1. This 'successful' venture was instigated by a major airline using government departments and formulated by a private organisation to keep the operation at arms length.

What is your knowlege of this gentlemans' involvement in this operation? I am aware of the need to be discreet and happy to append everything with 'alleged' but think their are many here who would be most interested in an in-depth answer, should you know something about this.

Moerover of greater concern is your quote "Re Peter Harbison: Most in the industry from a management and financial perspective rank him very highly".

How is he funded? Airlines pay him directly do they not?
Therefore how can anybody take his comments as unbiased or impartial?

Specifically therefore, how can any journalist "rank him very highly"?

Are his comments based on the $$$$$$$ he gets from third parties? Automatically does this therefore place his comments on the bottom of the credibility pile?

How can this be anything other than crystal clear?

Looking forward to your response.

Cheers........Al