PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - reversers and a/c speed
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2011, 11:26
TheChitterneFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, let's not get bogged-down with semantics. This whole discussion has been most interesting and has, certainly, provided me with a whole raft of information that I hadn't previously considdered.

There will allways be differences of oppinion; especially with the varying terminology that's used within International English. The problem with the use of forums such as PPrune is that not everyone is capable of presenting the precise nature of their discussion without making the odd (unintentional) error (of which I too am guilty of). If all of the contributors to this thread were to be within the same room and conducting the same conversation we'd, no doubt, come to an ammicable conclusion. Also, frustrating as it might be, there will always be the occasional heckler who will want to throw a spanner in the works (I'm not inferring that this is the case within this particular thread so, please, don't shoot me down for making this statement of fact)!

My thirty-five years spent within the aviation industry doesn't exonerate me from making mistakes; nor does it mean that I'm the font of all knowledge.

Where were we... Inlet Drag, Ram Drag... terminology; don't you just hate it?

TCF