PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-Questions, comments, bouquets & brickbats (Merged) II
Old 3rd Jan 2011, 01:42
Cloud1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soberlark, you bring back memories I had when travelling as a passenger. I often defend the company I work for because I feel they get slated all too easily, its not Ryanair for the record.

I was flying during all the volcanic ash and got stuck at an airport. Our desk was nxt to EasyJet and a handling agent both of which closed their desks and went home. This was before 09am on the very day the airspace closed for the first time. Our staff didnt leave the terminal until the early hours of the following morning, trying to deal with the large numbers of passengers rebooking, asking queries, being offensive amongst other things. Our staff could have walked away like Easyjet, or in this case Ryanair, but they didnt. And despite all that extra service people still complained.....

However it makes the whole world of difference and in this case Ryanair delayed an aircraft for nearly 6 hours. There should have been plenty of representatives available to deal with customers on that flight and others that were cancelled. Shame on both Ryanair and Aer Lingus if previous posts are correct

FR - I dont think Indignant father said anything about the crew walking either.....just to be picky. They may well have returned in vans but could have offered assistance between walking from the aircraft to their vehicle?? Just a thought....

With regards to refreshments, could Ryanair not have arranged with the airport to take light refreshments to the aircraft if they couldnt open up the onboard bar?