PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When does the 'exceptional weather' stop being an excuse?
Old 2nd Jan 2011, 23:46
jerboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WHBM

You serious? Isn't suggesting 'canceling their AOC' pushing things a wee bit far for one cancelled flight with an airline that carries c. 48,000,000 pax a year and operates 175 aircraft?

Now I'm no Easyjet fanboy (in fact I'll avoid them if I can), but writing a letter like that to the CAA would result in nothing more than a few laughs (both there and at Easyjet) and perhaps a generic response letter at best. Certainly Easyjet aren't gonna sit up and say "oh they might stop us flying tomorrow".

If the CAA were going to cancel EZY's AOC, do we not think that their shocking performance at LGW over the summer would have been a more likely candidate?

Although, back to the original post. Perhaps the reason for cancellation was due to a totally weather unrelated factor, and the 'exceptional weather' excuse was wheeled out purely as a mistake due to the amount its been used the past few weeks? Difficult to say, but certainly not good on Easy's part...