PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you ever get annoyed with PPL students?
Old 29th Aug 2002, 21:52
radar707

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm appalled at the way G-SXTY was treated, wholly unprofessional

The unit I work at has a good few VFR movements with the localy based flying club, the UAS and other local airfield traffic requiring zone transit or a FIS.

The majority of times we can tell when it's a low time student who is nervous as they get the phraseology correct, but take a while to get it all out. But as has been said, everybody has to learn somewhere so unless it's REALLY busy, I'll be patient, otherwise I'll justy ask you to standby until a slightly quieter time.

In my experience it's the high hours ppl pilots that spend hours giving you their life story on a busy frequency cos they're concerned that they won't get a chance to get it all in.

We may not have the details of these flights, so we've got to get a strip and write everything down (usually looking in the book for those obscure destinations )

G-SXTY, I hope your experience hasn't given you the wrong impression, we will do our best to provide you with the service you want.

To all those life story people out there, when it's busy a callsign will do and we can get back to you for the rest when we've got a minute, if we forget, a gentle reminder with the callsign again when it gets a bit quieter, after all we are only human

HAPPY FLYING