PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pregnancy-Maternity-Pregnancy leave
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2011, 19:24
miss marple

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I respect your opinion and agree that when someone takes advantage of the system they should be stopped.

However, so long as I and other women respect the law and company policy, I don't feel that I am taking advantage of any system.

Now if you think the law needs to be changed because it is wrong, I suggest you become a politician and have a new bill passed, perhaps your wife could be your press agent as I am sure you will be receiving many letters from women who don't share your opinion.

Regarding the current law in the UK, an employer has to keep your position open for only 12 months after you have had a baby, so it is hardly, as you seem to have described, have a holiday for a couple of years and waltz back in and displace someone.

Do you also agree any man who injures himself while playing sport and has to be off work for any length of time should also have to find another job?

Finally, when did you suddenly become Chairman Mau and decide how many children people should be allowed before they have to leave a particular job?

By the way, my husband agrees with me, totally, in this regard.

MM