PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American Airlines jet goes off runway in Jackson Hole, Wyoming
Old 2nd Jan 2011, 03:31
protectthehornet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOOK, whether you like it or not...both sides have points. American has had a few memorable (I'm not saying they are out of the statistical norm) over runs.

I also think Southwest has at least two that make me shudder...but they seem to have a better PR department...though American is famous for painting out the name ASAP.

Jackson Hole is a tough airport on a nice day for a large plane, or a small plane.

So, pilots should be really ''up'' for any operation there. Just like DCA, or Midway, or LGA, or SNA.

AA breaking the chain of custody is a big mistake and just makes them look bad.

But, I don't think for a minute that the airbus crash out of JFK should be dismissed as a copilot bicycling on the rudder pedals...

American has screwed up...I know 3 pilots there , two have been fired, and one lied on his log book about flying time. the joint is not perfect.

But there are good pilots there too.

Let's wait and see what happened to this plane...we've already put out some good thoughts...shouldn't take too long to find out.

I do hope someone will post the FACTS asap.