PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why I knocked back Cathay
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2011, 00:01
michael-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
congratulations..

Worst thread ever. Sure, the original poster has multi time to fall back on. Congratulations. For some of us with limited opportunites to get some multi time, this programme is better than cleaning toilets, vacuuming the school, washing c152s for next to no pay. literally... only $20/ hour for a few 0.8 hour flights a week hardly pays for the fuel to the airport.

As much as most of you think that we all have "shiny jet syndrome", gawking at planes and being completely oblivious to the conditions. But in some cases, like myself, this is honestly the only other option for career progression. I have read all the cons that people have been posting, although some seem tough. It is better than what I am experiencing now. A couple of my mates even have been to Botswana and there is just a camp full of pilots waiting months for their chance waiting for the scraps after the companies hire the locals. There are just no jobs out there. So rather than sit around i'd rather go through the training that Cathay offer for FREE and gain some experience whilst the industry is recovering from the recession of '08.

Again, thank you for being so graceful and arrogant about knocking back an airline hoping for replies like "good stuff!", "well done!" to make yourself feel better...going through all that interview process just to slap them in the face...real classy. There is already information about the cons on this site, theres no need for you to list them out again. Have fun flying your multis whilst i study my butt off to try to pass the final stage in adelaide.

For those working in the airline now, can you please tell me of the pros of your job? Are there really no positives to the job?