PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TBone Aviation Headsets
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2011, 21:09
SNS3Guppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm still inclined to perhaps one day try the Bose QC15 with that UFlyMike adapter because of my being tired so thoroughly of noise around me and this Bose hifi headset does give the absolutely amazing illusion of silence around you.
I use a QC15 with a uflymic, and it works great. There's no "illusion of silence" around me, however. I don't hear cockpit wind noise, but I do hear conversations, switch clicks, alarms, alerts, etc. I cock one earcup off my ear for takeoff and landing, and for cockpit conversation, as it does mute it just enough that I find it easiest to communicate with others in the cockpit with one earcup pushed aside.

I see the Tbone Aviation site indicates that the analog headset is no longer being sold:

How to Order - tbone aviation
The shop is closed for new orders at this moment.
............................................................ ............................................................ ..........
As we are planning for the next generation tbone aviation headset we have now ceased the production of the analogue version.
We expect to open for orders for the new digital tbone aviation headset in first half of 2011.