PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why are sponsorships appearing???
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2002, 18:40
Canadiankid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The return of sponsorship's is encouraging, even on such a small scale. Airlines in the last year world wide have gone through some major re-structuring. This was going to happen (on a smaller scale) regardless of the horrible events of 9/11. The big question now is what Bush Jr. is gonna do with Iraq. The fact of the matter is that the US has very little public support from many nations. This includes its 2 biggest long term political allies in the UK and Canada. Not one Arab nation has given public support to this point. Lets hope it can be resolved in a timely manner. Back to the topic...It seems that things are taking a turn for the better in aviation. This seems to be true in the UK as well. I am someone who hopes the market continues to improve as I will have the JAA conversion done next spring with a pile of time in the log book. `My advice to all you "low time" people is do whatever you can to put some hours in your book. When the airlines begin to recruit heavily again (this may take a while yet), the time in your log book is what is going to get you looked at faster.

Keep the greasy side down