PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 1st Jan 2011, 17:02
Comanche

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FATBUS, I am considering leaving my current LCC job as I am getting bored with the lack of routes and the short flights most of the times. Also, we have lived as expats for the last 15 years in non-expat areas and have never fitted in anywhere, and living in Dubai we would finally fit it among all the other international families! Currently on Euro contract in France, changing base to the UK would mean a big pay cut, but schools in France and the education system really suck! So joining EK would mean better and British schools for kids, longer and fewer sectors (more jetlag, I know) and the wife I know would be happier at the pool, mall and with a full time nanny. However, the long-term fatigue, lack of rights, pay cut for me and the huge amount of unknowns / pot luck (such as accommodation and time to command) are the other side of the coin. Thought the staff travel would be a bonus, but there is no way I am traveling long distances for vacations with the family in economy. Can you buy firm business seats for family with kids (ID50's)?

Any more input would be great.