PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Staff travel with kids
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2011, 16:57
BYMONEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
777boyindubai

Curious to know if this occurred at the same location, ie both here in DXB or both times at the same outstation. If both were at the same airport, I wonder if someone is making life difficult for you/us on purpose.

I have literally just come off the phone after speaking to one of our airport managers (WE) who I know personally. He assured me that unless there is an embargo, is weight restricted or has been instructed from the top, there is no reason why staff should not be accepted for flight, even if their cabin is full. Ground staff have the empowerment to upgrade PAX to facilitate staff in their designated cabin and will do so on the basis of several criteria as to which passengers are upgraded. Staff are not supposed to be upgraded as there is no authority or guidance to do so.

This idea about ground staff fearing for their jobs is simply bulls**t. If they want to help, they can.

Comanche

Hopefully, if you do eventually decide to come, your wife will get a little more out of Dubai than just Malls, cinemas and sunbathing.