PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Staff travel with kids
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2011, 15:36
Comanche

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BYMONEK, yes I know staff travel is only a minor aspect, but I am asking questions on ALL aspects of the job. Have already posted other threats and asked EK pilots about more important aspects. Staff travel, schools and living in an expat community are major positives for me when looking at joining. I am basically going through a GRADE process (or DODAR if you will) and continue to gather, analyse and review info. I HAVE a well paid flying job now as a skipper on shiny new A320's, but need to wonder where I want to be 5-10 years from now. EK is the only airline I can join where I can have better schooling for kids, international staff travel, without eroding my disposable income. However, I will still end up in the right hand seat for 5-7 years working for an airline in a part of the world where you have few rights and will probably end up being more tired than I am now. If the wife sitting at the pool all day and going to the malls and cinemas with other expats ends up being happier, perhaps it is worth it....