PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pregnancy-Maternity-Pregnancy leave
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2011, 09:37
B737NG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congratulations first.

I hope that Mother and Child are doing well. Miss Marple ask´s not for special treatment but.... I have a few very sensible personal questions:

Is it realy needed to have a second child? is your Company secure, is your future and the one of the Father secure? so you can afford a second Child? I just assume it is the second.... could be the third. Becoming a Parent is easy, beeing a Parent is more difficult.

I employed some Female´s 30 Years ago when I had my own enterprise and we had always put the humanity first, for both, Male and Female. But it was one of the Females who went to the Authority to ask for all the rights she has and for all the benefit´s she is entiteld for, my late Wife had treated he like her own Daughter at the time..... Result was, we got audited from the regulator and, as after all audit´s, there where some minor findings we had to correct to satisfy the Auditor, not the Females.... We did and spent more money on the Audit then on everything else with the result that we where disappointed and even a month before my Wife passed away she spoke about it again how disappointed she was.

Having right´s is important, getting them is not wrong, but how can you calculate the pay fair and equal? A male employee is getting sick for a certain amount of days per year.... theoretical. How many pregnancy´s do you calculate in a femals employee? Just asking here, I have seen both sides of the coin. A employee in a big company is a number in the statistic, easier to cope with the odd´s when he/she is not able to work for any reason. I see man calling in sick due to some exotic sports or hobbies they do and get hurt. The company and the co-workers have to cope with it and cover the time out. I rather cover a Woman when she is expecting, that is something contributing positiv to the society.

Just some food for thought I hope, again, best wishes for Mother and Child....

Fly safe and land happy ( after the leave )

NG