PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canadians to pay up to $998 for a visa!
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2010, 15:49
Panama Jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet II,

If countries do not want to offer citizens of the UAE the same agreements for visa travel as their own citizens enjoy then surely it is up to the UAE to decide whether the benefits outweigh the costs by continuing with the arrangement.
I guess we can agree on that. That is a right that every sovereign nation enjoys.

Your previous comment confused me because of your reference on "States"; I believe Canada uses the term "Provinces" to refer to their regional governments in the same way that the UAE refers to its regional segments as "Emirates"

Any any case, Trader has provided the answer I would have given to you. A difference with the elected political leaders in a country like Canada, and its provinces, and the dynastic ruling families in a country like the UAE is that in Canada, the politicians don't "tow the line" to maintain an outside image of political unity and take any and all opportunity to "one-up" themselves over their political opponents. I imagine that this is one of the perceived weaknesses of Canada on which the UAE's strategy is based.

Happy New Year