PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Could this happen: a non-pilot landing a heavy jet ??
Old 29th Aug 2002, 15:44
teropa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PAXboy,

Thanks for the compliment about my English . The truth is that I got a whopping 299 out of 299 points in my A-levels English in '98, so I guess I can at least make myself understood... Trust me, Finnish is something you wouldn't want to read, and I hear that it sounds horrible, too !

But the "tone" in my writing is a completely another thing. I know that even native speakers sometimes have trouble getting the right tone into the message. And it's always easier to interpret something the "wrong way" than the other way around, you know what I mean..

Anyways, I know that I'm not the least arrogant person in the world, and tend to "rev-up" sometimes, but my intention in this thread was not to put myself or others to the brink of explosion.

Point well taken, and I'll just retreat to my PC Dash 8, which seems to be again a whole different story!! Next week I'll be flying again IRL with our club's beloved C172 at night, and I'm _sure_ I'll enjoy it even more. What we all should keep in mind is that it's the love for aviation that keeps us going !

Best regards,
Tero