PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sticky the Stick Insect Stuck on a Sticky bun
Old 17th Sep 2001, 20:41
VFE
Dancing with the devil, going with the flow... it's all a game to me.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Let's not go slitting our wrists just yet folks!

This will be much worse that '91 , especially if Bush wipes Afganistan from the face of the planet.
I think Bush is aware of that and will adjust his measures accordingly. The best thing everyone in the western world can do is keep up morale and not let the b@stards grind us down. Get the passengers back in the air and stay positive.

The more I think about it the more I can see that a heavy handed reaction from the US military will worsen the whole situation. Think about it. Will wiping Afghanistan out really convice Joe Public that these terrorists are no more? Probably. But the truth as most of us know is that these terrorists are all over the world, not just in Afghanistan, and they are prepared to do more evil. Doing Bin Laden in won't alter a thing really. He has many devoted followers. Bush will know what the financial repercussions of an all out assualt on the terrorists will be. What I cannot figure out is how will he know where to attack but that's by the by!
This is one hell of a catch 22 situation if ever I saw one.
Nobody can predict the outcome and at what cost.
My advice would be to sit on your money and wait but how long are you prepared to wait for? This could go on for years and if that's the case then I seriously cannot see the airline business suffering indefinately. People will simply have to get back on those planes.

It could be very grim but let's just see what happens hey?

VFE.

[ 17 September 2001: Message edited by: VFE ]