PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Recency DGCA question
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2010, 22:19
Pulkdahulk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rahul:

For someone who mentioned 3 hrs night requirement on Multi Engine must be using his understand I assume based on a person who just has an FAA CPL ME IR and no SE CPL IR or its respective add ons in a SE. So in the DGCA Conversion Chart, 5 hrs PIC with 10 Takeoff and Landings is acknowledged.

But Read the Document Carefully, Do you all see
NOTE 2: For Multi endorsement on CPL:

Anything before this relates to Single Engine Requirements because these rules were formulated in 2007 based on it. And then as you go past that Line [NOTE 2: For Multi endorsement on CPL: ], then comes those requirements.

So, If a License Holder has a SE CPL IR with ME ADD on, then he/she do not not need to meet the 5 hrs PIC by Night. Yes GFT at Night and IR will account for 2 hrs respectively. IR can be either Night or Day - Your choice.

Again I stress: There is no Night Requirement for ME CPL IR, if a candidate has SE CPL IR issued.

Rahul: You are a CFI, so I will give your CFI Requirements for Recency.
These are answers from Mr.Arvind Sardana as I have talked to him for more than 30 minutes about my Flight Instructor Requirements through contacts. Patiently, he explained to me what was required. For all whom do not know who is he, then Google it.

Okay - You can OFFICIALLY use your Cross Country which you have flown with your students for your Recency Requirements. The Ultimate PIC is the CFI and that document must word it this way such that it says PIC: Rohan...

Acknowledged by Chief Flight Instructor.

You have Questions, PM me the details and I will give you the exact sheet which I did.

Next, YOU have to Fly with an Instructor for GFT Day and Night with IR on both Multi and Single Engine. That means minimum 6 hrs.

Now lets get to the point: In Indian Aviation, you do not need to have your IR endorsed on Multi. If your IR is endorsed on Single, which means you do GFT Day/Night and IR Checks, and GFT Day/Night no IR on Multi, then you will get Indian CPL SE IR with Multi Endorsement.

Airlines do not care if your IR is on Single or Multi Endorsement. When you do your type Rating Check ride, you will get your endorsement automatically without having to submit documents to DGCA.

Also, Apart from that, no Cross Countries on ME Required, If done on Single, you are GOOD to go.

Next, whatever hours you have left after finishing GFT's, IF you have FLOWN as an INSTRUCTOR, you can use those hours to match your 15 HRS PIC Requirement.

Any Questions, PM me please

Thank you