PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2010, 21:43
The Kelpie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Krusty

They are graduates of the Advanced Course.

My view is if in the company's eyes they are good enough to sit in the RHS with a regular captain they are good enough to be paid the same as a FO once they obtain their ATPL thus transitioning from a JFO to FO under the OZ EBA.

Whilst I have made argument that salary can be connected to safety elsewhere I personally do not think that the NZ salary and conditons are good enough considering these guys have to start paying back $87k at the end of January plus any student loans they may have. That being said the first three months should be pretty stress free financially as during this time they are officially NZ BASED and their hotels and meals are covered by JQ and are paid overnight allowances whilst away from base.

The real financial pressure will come once they are checked to line - let's see how that affects their stress levels and their performance on the flight deck.

Anybody know whether Westaway has penned a press release for the occasion? Simon, if your reading, I have a suggestion for a headline "Jetstar offers new free service - the opportunity to backseat a flying lesson!"

More to Follow!!

D